26 November 2010

Jazz anyone?




A few weekends ago, we hosted a jazz concert and chili supper at church. Alot of the community as well as our students attendened. They were SO talented.  After the played for about an hour we wnjoyed our supper together. If you didnt know, italians are not accustomed to chili- so it was a treat for them. My students Clizia and her Mom Monica came. I cant tell you enough what an encouragement all of my students are to me. They are always so positive and happy- it is a true blessing to know each of them.


After we ate together, we sang some songs together- in italiano and english.I think it is especially encouraging for the italians at church to have had all of the Harding students here with us for this. We are going to miss them! I was happy because my students were able to stay for this as well.  They very much enjoyed singing together. I think it was neat and very different for them to have fun singing and eating together at a church. Monica specifically liked "The Greatest Commandments" song. Monica also sings in a japanese choir. Last Firday night Eric and I went to support her at her concert in Florence- bellissimo! This week is our last week of classes before our Christmas break. I am excited to be able to spend more time getting to know them outside of class during our break. Please contimue to keep all of them and all of us in your prayers.


Clizia and Me at the concert =)

By the way, this is the scarf Laura made for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment