24 October 2010

Movie Night


This past Friday night we hosted a movie night for our students! We chose Monster's Inc. which is a pixar animated kids movie. Very cute- and the "monsters" added to the halloween vibe. We watched it in english with english subtitles in order to help our students practice their english in a fun way. I actually know this to be very helpful because last friday at school we AI workers did just the opposite. We watched Harry Potter in italian with italian subtitles- and it was a blast! I learned so many new vocab words that I wouldnt have otherwise learned, and it was fun to challenge myself to try and keep up with the movie. Anyways- our movie night began at 8:30p and ended around 11:30p! I think there were around 13-15 students who attended- so we had a great turn out and had a alot of fun =)


Angela and Laura made their "witches fingers" cookies! They were a hit!


They really do look like witches fingers! ha!


My student Monica and Andrea. Emily made the carmel corn over on the left. It was perfect!



Here is some punch that I made and we put in the "witches cauldron" ( aka the biggest pot we could find). It isnt exactly like I make in the US but we improvised and I think the Italians enjoyed it.


Here are Clizia, Olga, and their mom Monica. I have Clizia and Monica as students, and Laura has Olga as a student. I enjoy getting to know them so much! They are such a sweet family =)





No comments:

Post a Comment